English 3, Post 3, 'My favourite piece of technology'

 Warm salutations, Earthlings from Sciences!


This time you are absolutely entitled to write about a piece of tech material you think is very important. Some of the parameters to follow may come below: 

Say: 
 
Why is this your favourite piece of technology? 
How do you use it?/What do you do with it?
How does it affect your life? 
Would you recommend using it?

140 words (minimum)
don't forget to leave comments on 3 of your classmates' posts and on your teacher's post as well. 

As usual, I leave my sample entry for you to take as a writing model -if you want to, of course-


My favourite piece of technology is paper. No, I am not crazy, and I do not want to pull your leg. It is for real. Paper has almost always been there for us, I mean, ‘us’ as humanity. So, concerning my lifetime, I have been dealing with paper my whole life.

Paper has multiple functionalities, so it would be a little difficult for me to name them all. For some reason I still do not understand, that paper is a wonderful piece of edible material – meaning that you can eat it – at least when I was a little boy. To a certain extent, paper also serves as a beautiful medium to put your thoughts on. Also, you can make sculptures out of paper, and that would be called ‘origami’, the art of making three-dimensional figures out of paper.

I really do not ‘like’ paper. I would say that I ‘need’ paper because I like to write almost everything that gets into my head. And, you would say, ‘For there is a ton of internet out there, you could create a blog and write whatever you want. But, and there is probably my taste for it, paper is something you can touch, something you can feel with your hands, and probably, within that fact, my preference for paper over the internet would reside.

Life would never be the same without paper. There would not be history, culture, and a whole transmission of first-hand material for us to read and understand how humankind used to be so long ago. Without paper, there would be no culture at all, or at least, not a ‘durable’ culture. 

Cheers.

Comments

  1. The history of mankind would not be the same without it, our civilization grew thanks to the paper.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really understand the use of paper and how we had a before and after paper, but since a while now I´ve been almost full digital so I've been a little disconected from paper. It´s a good choice though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello professor, I agree with you that paper is a fundamental tool for everyone and that it can hardly be replaced. If you prefer paper, does that mean you prefer printed books to digital ones?

    ReplyDelete
  4. How great! Without paper this world would be nothing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like very much the idea of paper like an a tehnology object, because for us, in 2023, paper is almost like a vintage way to take notes, most of my friends use Ipads or tablets to take digital notes. But in the perspective of the hisory, paper it´s a really revolution, like the use of printing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm agree with you, history wouldn't be the same without paper, a lot of art and views can be captured on it and that was fundamental for us. A question, do you think paper now is a problem?

    ReplyDelete
  7. It is interesting because the paper is one of the reasons of why the humanity had so many advances, in the beginning reeplace the oral tradition and helped a lot the humankind to improve and shared their skills, learning, technology and so on.
    In the past it was impossible to conceive the humanity advance without the paper and today it is something that is perceived by many people as something useless :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's a beautiful reminder of the enduring significance of this timeless technology, which has been an integral part of our lives throughout history, carrying the weight of our thoughts, culture, and heritage.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that it´s very interesting to use paper as a piece of technology, we often don´t give the acknowledgment it deserves. I used it to do a soccer ball is school.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with what you say, if you think about it, without paperwe would have no evidence of all our technological achievements, we would not have history, we would not have art, we would not have many things that make us human.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi professor, it´s very interesting to remember that paper is a piece of technology, and it's great how you write your opinion of paper

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, it's so peculiar that your favorite technological device is paper, but I totally understand, I mean, my university life is based on using paper all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think I hadn't noticed the relevance and fundamental nature of the role until you mentioned it. It's so commonplace that it often goes unnoticed, yet it remains equally fundamental to everything!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for your reflection! I love it. Especially, the part where you say that you ate paper when you were a kid because I remembered a dear school friend who said that paper tasted like chicken. I also remembered when I ate the "Mankeke" paper hahaha. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English 3, Post 4, 'Choice of two topics' (choose one of the two)

English 3, Post 5 [Final], Choice of two topics [#2]