English 3, Post 5 [Final], Choice of two topics [#2]

 Dear Earthlings from Ciencias JGM!

As the title so eloquently suggests, this time there is a choice that you will have to make, either 'a career-oriented website', or 'an expert person in your field of study'. 

Topic A: Tell us about a career-oriented website you enjoy visiting. 

Include this information:

·        Describe the website and provide the link.

·        How often do you visit it?

·        Explain why you like the site.

·        Who would you recommend it to?

Upload pictures (optional)


Topic BTell us about an expert/person in your field that you admire

Include this information:

·        Why do you admire this person?

·        What has this person done/contributed?

·        Provide a short biography of this person

       Upload pictures (optional)

Make comments on 3 of your classmates’ posts + a comment on your teacher's post

Word Count: 160 words (minimum)

"This time it is not necessarily a career-oriented web site but a YouTube channel (which is in fact, a website for videos) and it is called ‘Wisecrack’. Particularly interesting material for this channel and that gives it all its funny flavour while learning is a funny man and this is ‘Thug Notes: Classic Literature, Original Gangster’, a black dude who provides a thorough analysis to every single literature classic masterpiece.

It is actually hilarious to see a book review/analysis is done with such professional treatment, though, under an extremely colloquial tone. It is as if someone exploits a 'seemingly uneducated' stereotype and puts it in an academic field. It is counter-intuitive, at first, to see how a fully-fledged expert provides such an insightful analysis in such an unusual fashion.

Since my major actually is on English Literature, it was a huge pleasure to see, for example, how ‘1984’ is deconstructed under a point of view that takes a dystopian character, at first sight, a human tragedy, and turns it into a hilarious review. I highly recommend this channel for you to have a good laugh". 

What about you?

Comments

  1. Hi teacher, I really liked what you said about the youtube channel. I will definitely watch that channel!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi teacher, I will take the YouTube channel into consideration. If you want to learn about science with music, you could recommend the "acapellascience" channel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, I can relate with the feeling of being amused with a youtube channel that talks about something that we like and even more when it's related to our field. I also talked about something like this. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi teacher, I really like the description of the YouTube channel, I will watch it tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi teacher, I find the channel you comment sounds very interesting. I will keep it in mind to watch it in my free time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi teacher! what an interesting page you shared, I will definitely watch it when I have time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi teacher. I really like that kind of content so, thanks for sharing us his channel, I'll definitely watch him.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hello teacher, you know, reading your blog I wonder what would we do without the tutorials or learning videos on youtube? it really is a very powerful site.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello teaher! I search this youtuber and i think I´m going to like him, because one of my favorite books of all times is 1984, and I love the people who analyzes so deep some books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think that YouTube isn't like a career oriented website but has a lot of career oriented content creators, so this platform is literally an infinite source of content that can improve our skills and knowledge about our careers and can be use to teach everything with the plus that can be funny, this is something that university or schools don't necessarily have.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear Rene, I didn't know this channel. Thank you for your recommendation. Just as I love when people show me new music on YouTube, I also appreciate when someone shows me videos that talk about a specific topic...and much better if it's fun!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English 3, Post 4, 'Choice of two topics' (choose one of the two)

English 3, Post 3, 'My favourite piece of technology'