English 3, Post 4, 'Choice of two topics' (choose one of the two)

 Hello Earthlings from FCQF, 

 

This is the first time we get to choose one out of two topics. This time, you will have to decide [just write one] between the following: 

 

Topic A:  Tell us about a meal or food you really like

Include this information: 

1. What is it? (Describe it)

2. How is it made?

3. Why do you like it so much?

4. How does it impact your health?

5. Upload pictures (optional)


Topic BTell us about a photo (or image)  that is meaningful to you

Include this information: 

1. What does it mean to you?

2. Why does it interest you?

3. What is the story behind the photo?

4. Upload the photo

Make comments on 3 of your classmates' posts (optional) + a comment on your teacher's post (obligatory)

Word Count: 150 words (minimum).


As you may have guessed, i chose a photo that is not really meaningful to me, but to a whole generation (probably):


















This is the photo I chose that I really like. If you ask me I really do not know who took it, it probably was taken from a professional photographer, since it is a promotional image for the Japanese trio “Shonen Knife”. The photo basically shows the band image, which consisted of Naoko Yamano (vocalist, centre), Atsuko Yamano (Drummer, left) and Michie Nakatani (bassist, right) I do not know when the photo was taken, but, by judging the band appearance, it seems to be it was taken sometime around 1990.

 I really like this photo as I already told you, because this band is a blast, a really cool rock and roll band. It derives from the punk movement in the US, particularly, from the “Ramones”. By the way, these three women from Osaka used to be called the “Osaka Ramones”. Their fame came to the western world basically because it was one of Kurt Cobain’s (Nirvana’s singer-songwriter) favourite bands. He was the one that promoted a strong passion for this group. It is no secret that this photograph represents the essence of Shonen Knife, three strong-willed women that like to rock and roll on their own terms.

Cheers.


What about you?

Comments

  1. Hello teacher, while I´m reading the post I searched the band in spotify and lisened, It´s very cool I really like it, I didn´t know they. This band and their story, comparing it with the Ramones made me think in the band "Baby Metal", that it´s too band of japenese young womans that has a heavy metal band, but their are so cute <3, you should lisen it and search a video of one of their concerts, it´s very cute and cool at the same time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi teacher I'm really amazed because this group have the issue song from The Powerpuff, the style from the song is like Teen Titans from Puffy Ami Yumi, this two series are part from my infancy. The japanese bands have a special concept that you can recognize easily and is very funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello teacher, your post was an invitation for me to listen this band. Right now I'm listening to their songs and I realized that I knew some songs, now I can recognize those songs with a band, thank you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello teacher! I really had no knowledge of this group, but I feel that this photo represents the entire essence of it. The girl with the drumsticks catches my attention for her expression and pose in the photo, she looks very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi teacher! It's a very beautiful picture for a moment I thought it would be a band singing a popular openning of some anime. I will definitely add a song to my Spotify playlist.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi teacher. You unlocked some memories from a dark past. I remembered my cousin listening this band all time and telling how awesome their music were. I never heard them, besides through my cousin speakers, maybe I'll give them a try now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, thanks for sharing this with us. It´s nice to go back to this kind of stuff and think about what it means to us. It may be comfoting sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi teacher, it's a very nice photo and a good musical group.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, I didn't know that band, I'd like to hear it someday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Rene! I didn't really know this band. Thank you for tell us this story because I love music. In fact, one of my hobbies is knowing new bands or singers by watching YouTube.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

English 3, Post 3, 'My favourite piece of technology'

English 3, Post 5 [Final], Choice of two topics [#2]